Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Forwarding not working for VLAN 2 on a Cisco RV260W

I'm trying to open a port to a server using Port Forwarding.  When I setup port forwarding to go to a server on the default VLAN, everything works fine, external requests to that port are forwarded to the server and the server responds.

However, if I forward the port to a server on a different (isolated) VLAN, then nothing works.  As far as I can tell, messages are not forwarded to the server and the server never receives them.

I tried to look at the Firewall logs, but see no log records at all, both when it works properly and when it does not work.

Does Port Forwarding work on the RV260W to any VLAN besides the default VLAN?  i.e. is this a known problem?

If it works and I'm not configuring this correctly, what are things to look for?  Keep in mind that it all works fine when the destination server is on the default VLAN?

How can I debug into this to find out what is happening (with the log apparently not working)?

4 Replies 4

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It must work but do you have a route on the router for server VLAN? Are you able to ping Internet IP from your server after adding in another VLAN?

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

I think it should work as well, the configuration is fairly simple.

The router can ping the server on VLAN 2, so the VLAN seems to be working fine. And when I setup Port Forwarding to an address on the default VLAN, that works fine as well.

It's only when I forward the port to the non-default VLAN (VLAN 2) that I don't get anything.

Again, the configuration is quite simple, so it seems that it should work, unless there is an issue with the router.

Is there any way to debug through this?  I tried turning on Logs, but did not see any log records come through related to port forwarding, both when it works by forwarding to the default VLAN and when it does not work.

Hello,

make sure Inter-VLAN Routing is enabled for the non-default Vlan (see the link below).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/Configuring_VLAN_Settings_on_the_RV160_and_RV260.html

Under Firewall -->  Port Forwarding, the 'Interfaces' drop down list should list the Vlan interface(s) you have configured, is that the case (page 81 of the attached admin guide) ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV260/Admin_Guide/b_RV260x_AG.pdf

I enabled Inter-VLAN routing, but it did not make a difference, the server still does not respond when on the non-default VLAN.

The Interfaces drop down in the Port Forwarding page does not show the VLAN (or any other VLANs), the entries in this drop down are WAN, USB and Any.  I believe that this interface is used to designate the source of the traffic, not the destination.

Any other suggestions maybe?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card