cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portforwading for DVR on Cisco1841 router

David H Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello networking gurus!! I'm currently trying to implement DVR system which I've used for few weeks with cable company router, on my cisco router 1841. I previously got help from some wonderful people on this community when I was working on to implement 1142N AP, so I'd like to ask some questions again.

this is nat translation I'm using at the moment.

ip nat inside source list 101 interface FastEthernet0/0 overload
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.6 85 interface FastEthernet0/0 85
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.6 2000 interface FastEthernet0/0 2000
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 FastEthernet0/0
!
access-list 101 permit ip 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 any
!

funny thing is, through port checking site, those two ports, 85 and 2000 are currently open, so I can certainly watch DVR inside of my network, however, my router somehow don't let DVR to transmit any packets out of the network, when I try to see DVR from outside network. Please enlighten me what I did wrong, and how to rectify this issue? thank you all in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That config  is correct.  Are you sure there are not other ports it is using?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That config  is correct.  Are you sure there are not other ports it is using?

I worked it out, and now it's working well. thank you for reminding me to open all the ports. thank you! 

nurbol555
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! you have to check on your inside and outside port is it enable ip nat inside and ip nat outside?

Also about you access list 101, you have to open ACL from outside, it will be like:  access-list 101 permit ip any 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 

I have configured ip nat inside and access-list. what should be ip nat outside configuration? thank you for your help btw.  

Hello,

I think Nurbol was asking if you have specified which interfaces are ip nat inside and which one is ip nat outside.

Example:

int g0/0/1

description inside-interface

ip addr x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

ip nat inside

!

int g0/0/0

descript outside-interface

ip addr x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

ip nat outside

I found the problem. it was because I didn't open all the ports with NAT inside source. Now, DVR's working properly. thank you all!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card