Helpful
Replies

PPPoE over MPLS L2VPN issue

bo2112260285
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

My topology is below

CE(ADSL modem)----IP DSLAM----SWH01(C3750)-----R1(7206)(POS1/0)<----------MPLS Core---------->(POS1/0)R2(7206)----SHW02(C3750)-------BRAS

I already config routing and MPLS,it's work well. Now I want to implement L2VPN for IP DSALM and BRAS to connect them each other. I already configured L2VPN VC on R1 and R2, the VC up so IP DSLAM and BRAS can ping each other. But CE(ADSL modem) can not establish PPPoE session with BRAS(PPPoE Server). CE connect to BRAS and authenticate sucessfully but CE can not keep PPPoE session with BRAS, it seem to be that CE disconnect with BRAS after it connect a moment

It should be MTU prolem on this case? I already configured R1 and R2 POS interface with MTU 9000.

Any adivse on this case?

Thanks and Best Regards

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bill,

The PPPoE is confined to a single broadcast domain, and in your case, this broadcast domain seems to me to span only the connection between the CE and the DSLAM. If it was to be extended towards the BRAS, the IP DSLAM would need to bridge the PPPoE packets over its Ethernet interface. That's not how things are usually done.

It is more probable that the IP DSLAM is supposed to use the L2TP to tunnel your PPPoE packets towards the BRAS in an IP tunnel, in which case you do not need the MPLS L2VPN at all.

Can you describe in more detail how your DSLAM works or is currently configured?

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card