cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem configuring HWIC-2SHDSL card in a 2911 for co mode

dcereckson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a shdsl port on a 2911 router for CO mode of operation.

The dsl-group auto command does not seem to change the port to operate in CO mode and the link will not come up to a remote router that has a card installed operating in CPE mode.

The configuration I have applied for the shdsl controller is.

controller SHDSL 0/1/0

dsl-group auto

!

!

Do I need to use a HWIC-4SHDSL card for the CO mode operation?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mavespig
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

to force CO mode you need to configure 'termination CO' under the controller SHDSL.

However, only HWIC-4SHDSL supports that command. See here for reference:

"Q. Do the G.SHDSL HWICs work in central-office mode (back-to-back connection without a DSLAM)?

A. Currently only the HWIC-4SHDSL supports both CPE and central-office  modes for diagnostic purposes. The mode of operation can be set only  from the ROM Monitor environment. CPE is the default mode of operation."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps7175/prod_qas0900aecd80591ff1.html

Hope this helps

Marco

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mavespig
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

to force CO mode you need to configure 'termination CO' under the controller SHDSL.

However, only HWIC-4SHDSL supports that command. See here for reference:

"Q. Do the G.SHDSL HWICs work in central-office mode (back-to-back connection without a DSLAM)?

A. Currently only the HWIC-4SHDSL supports both CPE and central-office  modes for diagnostic purposes. The mode of operation can be set only  from the ROM Monitor environment. CPE is the default mode of operation."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps7175/prod_qas0900aecd80591ff1.html

Hope this helps

Marco

Thanks Marco. I thought they might have fixed the issue with the 2SHDSL card when used in a 2900 router as the WIC-1SHDSL-V3 card is not supported on this platform and from the device configurator the HWIC-4SHDSL card is not an option and trhe EHWIC-4SHDSL-EA card is NPH until March 2012. This leaves very little option for routers to be ordered and installed in the next month or 2.

Rgds

Dave E

Hi Can you kindly tell me  the meaning of "

LED blinkings

Slow blinking indicates IMA link

training

Fast blinking indicates non-IMA link

Is training

in  EHWIC-4SHDSL-EA V01 card

LEDs  L0,L1,L2,L3 all are fast blinking.Is this mean card is faulty or link problem with ISP??

thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card