Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with OSPFv3 and IPv6

ouedernik01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm starting with OSPFv3 and IPv6 and I've been having some troubles.

I've been using packet tracer version 6.0.1.0011 and I've been having some problems with a configuration in ospfv3. I have 5 routers Cisco 2901 with the version 15.1 on it, 3 in the area 1, 1 ABR, 1 in the area 0.

My problem is on the ABR. When I try to put the command line area <number of the area> range <summarized address> in the ipv6 router ospf 1, it keep saying that the command line doesn't exist. I then checked with the "?" and the command is not there.

Is there an equivalent for that command or does it mean that with this version I can't use that option at all.

Thanks for the help,

Kais Ouederni

PS: the schema

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

It sounds like the ios version doesnt support it- Suggested for that router is possible c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M7.bin

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello

It sounds like the ios version doesnt support it- Suggested for that router is possible c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M7.bin

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi

Thanks you very much!

Packet trace doesn't have all features. Try different simulators e.g. VIRL (Cisco, paid LAB) or GNS3 (need IOS additionally)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card