Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with single area OSPF between 4451-X and Nexus 5K

cargostud
Level 1
Level 1

Good day All,

I am running into an OSPF issue with some new routers I'm putting into our data center to replace two 3900 routers.  The new routers are two 4451-X.  I'm keeping the same config as the old routers.

Currently there is a single OSPF area between the two 3900 routers and the two Nexus 5K.  Everything seems to work until I cut over to the new 4451 Routers.  

When I go to cut over to the new 4451 routers (same config as the 3900) I'm not getting any OSPF routes to show up on the Nexus.  I have full adjacency in Area 0 but no routes.  What could be going on?  I've attached a diagram.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I managed to fix this without using the capability vrf-lite command.  It turned out that I somehow left out a statement in my OSPF on the router.  (redistribute BGP)  I hate it when you stare at something so long that you take for granted that its correct and its not.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi

You have full OSPF adjacency between the routers, right? are you using any VRF?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thanks Julio for the response.  Here is what I have for vrf info on the 5K.  It doesn't looks like anything out of the ordinary.

DC01-NX01# show vrf det
  VRF-Name: VPC-Keepalive, VRF-ID: 3, State: Up
  VPNID: unknown
  RD: 0:0
  Max Routes: 0 Mid-Threshold: 0
  Table-ID: 0x80000003, AF: IPv6, Fwd-ID: 0x80000003, State: Up
  Table-ID: 0x00000003, AF: IPv4, Fwd-ID: 0x00000003, State: Up

VRF-Name: default, VRF-ID: 1, State: Up
  Table-ID: 0x80000001, AF: IPv6, Fwd-ID: 0x80000001, State: Up
  Table-ID: 0x00000001, AF: IPv4, Fwd-ID: 0x00000001, State: Up

VRF-Name: management, VRF-ID: 2, State: Up
  Table-ID: 0x80000002, AF: IPv6, Fwd-ID: 0x80000002, State: Up
  Table-ID: 0x00000002, AF: IPv4, Fwd-ID: 0x00000002, State: Up

Here is what I have for vrf info on the 3900.  There was an attempt by a previous engineer to get IWAN working so there is some stuff leftover here.

DC01-CR1#SHOW VRF DET
  VRF IWAN-TRANSPORT-1 (VRF Id = 1); default RD 65410:1; default VPNID <not set>
  Description: CenturyLink Transport
  New CLI format, supports multiple address-families
  Flags: 0x180C
  No interfaces
  Address family ipv4 unicast (Table ID = 0x1):
  Flags: 0x2100
  Export VPN route-target communities
  RT:65410:1
  Import VPN route-target communities
  RT:65410:1
  Import route-map for ipv4 unicast: globaltovrf (prefix limit: 1000)
  Global export route-map for ipv4 unicast: vrftoglobal (prefix limit: 1000)
  No export route-map
  VRF label distribution protocol: not configured
  VRF label allocation mode: per-prefix
  Address family ipv6 unicast not active
  Address family ipv4 multicast not active

On the new 4451 routers I have taken out the IWAN vrf so there is no output when I do a show vrf detail

Hi

Try setting up this command into the OSPF on the new router.

capability vrf-lite

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thanks Julio.  I shall give that a try but I'll have to wait till I get out to the data center.  I'll try to lab it up before hand.  I will let you know how it goes.

I really appreciate the help.

You are welcome. Although you are not using MPLS I have had similar situations using VRFs only without MPLS.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/wan-routing-and-switching/where-to-configure-the-quot-capability-vrf-lite-quot-on-ce-or-pe/td-p/2812305

I managed to fix this without using the capability vrf-lite command.  It turned out that I somehow left out a statement in my OSPF on the router.  (redistribute BGP)  I hate it when you stare at something so long that you take for granted that its correct and its not.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card