Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with VLAN in Nexus 5020

marcio.tormente
Level 4
Level 4

Helo Friends.

I have a new problem nd i would like to ask your help.

I created one VLAN (260) and I associated 2 interfaces in this VLAN, but one computer can't ping other in the same VLAN.

I have a channel trunk between Nexus 5020 and a catalyst 4506, if I configure a interface at 4506 with VLAN 260, I can't ping other computer in the same VLAN at Nexus

I have no idea what's happening.

Sorry for my english.

Regards

Marcio

5 Replies 5

marcio.tormente
Level 4
Level 4

Hello.

Now the problem change, the comunication in the same VLAN in the same Switch work, but between Nexus and 4506 no, they only work if I broke the etherchannel.

I have 2 Nexus 5020 and I use VPC to comunicate with 4506. If I turn off the etherchannel in one of interface at 4506 the comunication works.

The configuration is attached

Thanks

I solved the problem.

Hi marcio, How did you solved the problem ?

thanks

Hello Tim.

It was a primary mistake, somebody made a filter between the 2 Nexus blocking the Vlan 260.

I didn't make this configuration, wich why I didn't realise that the problem was só obvious.

Thanks

Marcio L. Tormente

Hi ,

I also have a similar kind of problem in my setup.,

We are using Nexus 7k & 5K in our lab. I have created new VLAN in AGG(N7k VDC) and configured hsrp and created the interface vlan for routing aslo. now the problem is existing VLAN's traffic are going via N5k from UCS without any problem , but the newly created vlan is not hitting. Pin group, VLAN , Uplink is configured in UCS FI(6140xp) correctly. And also added the new vlan to the existing portchannels.

NOTE:If i connect a uplink from FI to N7k all the trraffic is going. But VIA N5k the new Vlan is not  going.

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Please find the topology below.

Thanks & Regards

Saravanan.M

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card