Had no problem getting into IOS via Terminal and changing the host name, username and password. Then I loaded the Cisco CP Express onto a system and got into the web config. Problem is....the default IP is 10.10.10.1 / 255.255.255.248 and I wanted to change it to 192.168.1.1 / 255.255.255.0 I did it in the web interface and it applied to the router, but after that I could never bring up the web interface again on 192.168.1.1. Checking IOS showed that the new 192.168.1.1 did indeed "take". What's going wrong? This should be simple. I even added an access list for the 192.168.1.0 network. What am I doing wrong or missing?
Solved! Go to Solution.
If you have changed the ip on the interface to 192.168.1.1 and trying to access from 10.1.1.x i dont think you will be able to do so. Try changing your pc ip to 192.168.1.x and then try accessing the same.
your cisco is makeng dhcp or what ip is getting your computer. when 10.x.x.x then you can not get in. controll your network, or change your coputer settings to 192.168.1.10 and the go to web and type 192.168.1.1 and the windows will open. Try to manage your router in CLI mode its better. The 800 series web is not so good.
I tried that. I let the PC be a DHCP client, and it properly got an address of 192.168.1.2 with the correct subnet mask. From the PC I can ping the router at 192.168.1.1 with no problem. I've even tried going static on the PC with an address of 192.168.1.3 or 4 or 5, and still the same thing. Router CLI shows 192.168.1.1 and all the http stuff being enabled. Router is pingable. But neither can I bring up the web interface (authentication box) on 192.168.1.1, NOR can I telnet into the router's port 80 and get a response.
When I had everything set to 10.10.10.x, it all worked. The ONLY change I made in the web interface was the IP address of the router. That's it. It went it processed a bunch of commands, and then after the router restart, the web didn't work.
I tried all of this twice (after resetting the router) just to make sure I wasn't crazy. I'm not an end-user; I am an IT consultant who has configured hundreds of TCP/IP networks over two decades, but usually with consumer or mid-level non-Cisco routers. So the problem is buried inside the CLI. There must be some series of commands that will bring the http back to life. I even tried the troubleshooting script on the help screen of the CP Express.
wenn its possible i can take your computers picture and see the problem. I am working everyday with cisco. Lats make team viewer session or give me your skype name in PS messege.
After typing the first command: sh run | s http I noticed that the access-list was 23 (which referred only to 10.10.10.0). I had also created an access-list 24, which was for 192.168.1.0. That wasn't reflected, so I changed the access-list to 24 and all of a sudden I could telnet to port 80 AND access things by web.
Thanks for the inadvertent tip!