Views
Helpful
Replies

Propogate the Default Route

Ryan Wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I'm preparing to test out of a few entry-level CCNA courses at my College, and I'm having trouble having the routers on my network recognize the default route I set, when I tried to distribute it using the

default-information originate

command. I've attached my PT file below, if someone could offer some guidance, that would be great.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LTM9TSCpTUMv-TKZuRB4WwWfENgeANCy/view?usp=drive_link

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Defualt information originate 

always

Try add always 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello
Can you share the PT file here please instead of provding a link to it.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Martin L
VIP
VIP

using the

default-information originate command, default route

must be present in routing table; show ip route and show run | section router

note that not all commands work in PT but 

default-information originate

command should  be fine for RIP and OSPF in PT

Google says "You need access Request access, or switch to an account with access.

Make you file public access or attach PT file here "in a zip format a must be"

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Defualt information originate 

always

Try add always 

Ryan Wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Apologies, I forgot to change the link permissions. I would just send the PT file, but .pkt file types are not allowed to be added as an attachment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LTM9TSCpTUMv-TKZuRB4WwWfENgeANCy/view?usp=sharing 

Ryan Wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Actually, I checked my network today and it seems that the default route got shared with my branch routers. Seems I set it up correctly the first time, but it just needed a couple minutes to receive it? Well, at least it works. Thank you for the help. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card