Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX IVR only license

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Support team,

I have a requirement to provide only call queuing and route calls back to CUCM based on the calling number and Menu selection.

No agent is required to login as the call routing will be to mobile numbers. UCCX is used for IVR and Menu purpose only. There may be DB integration for number lookup.

We are expecting around 300 to 400 concurrent calls. May I know what license I need to accommodate for new UCCX 12.5 to provide the solution.

2 Replies 2

DaviRocK!
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you can refer here

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/contact-center/unified-contact-center-express/217416-understanding-smart-licensing-in-unified.html

And here

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/ccbuorderingguide.pdf

but perpetual license are in eol and substitute from flex license.

you need license number of operator aka named user aka seats and you have double ports for each seats.

So if you want 300 ivr ports i think that you buy 150 seats

Cisco UCCX licensing is typically based on the number of named agents or seats, not directly on the number of concurrent calls.

For your requirement of call queuing and routing calls back to Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) based on the calling number and menu selection, using UCCX (Unified Contact Center Express) for IVR and menu purposes, you need to consider a few key aspects regarding licensing and capacity.

Basic line guide

1. UCCX Licensing:

• License Tier: Cisco UCCX offers different licensing tiers like Standard, Enhanced, and Premium. For IVR and call routing functionalities, the Enhanced or Premium licenses might be required, especially if you're looking at database integration for number lookup.
    • Concurrent Calls: Ensure the licensing tier supports your expected call volume. The UCCX 12.5 can handle a significant number of concurrent calls, but the exact capacity depends on the hardware and license tier.
  2. Capacity Planning:

• Concurrent Call Volume: For 300 to 400 concurrent calls, you need to ensure that the UCCX deployment can handle this volume. This not only involves UCCX licensing but also the underlying hardware and network infrastructure.
    • CUCM Integration: The capacity of the CUCM and its integration with UCCX should be evaluated to handle the expected call load.
  3. Database Integration:

• If your system requires database lookup, the Premium license is typically necessary as it provides the most comprehensive set of features including database integration capabilities.
  4. High Availability:

• For such a high number of concurrent calls, consider a High Availability (HA) setup for redundancy and failover capabilities.
  5. Cisco Licensing and Support:

• For the most accurate information, it's highly recommended to consult with Cisco or a certified Cisco partner. They can provide detailed information about the licensing requirements for your specific use case, especially since licensing can be complex and subject to change.
  6. Software Version:

• Ensure that the UCCX version (12.5 in your case) aligns with your CUCM version for compatibility.

Best regards

Thank you David.

The premium license seems to be expensive for more than 300 IVR ports. Can I buy less than 10 premium license and rest of the license to be standard assuming 1 Agent license can provide 2 ports.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card