cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos on GRE Tunnel interfaces

ayokunles
Level 1
Level 1

I have a challenge. i want to implement QoS on our Core router but the core router makes use of GRE Tunnels to remote branch locations.

so far all QoS techniques i want to use cannot be implemented using tunnel interfaces.

the core router is a cisco 7604 router with IOS version 12.2 (33)SRE while the remote locations have ISRs (2821).

i would need help in deciding which QoS technique to use with respect to GRE Tunnels as there are times of congestion due to heavy network traffic to those remote locations.

thanks guys.

16 Replies 16

Disclaimer

The      Author of this posting offers the information contained within this      posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding   that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any    purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only  and   should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any  kind.   Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own  risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In      no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever    (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or    profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's    information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of   such  damage.

Posting

Perhaps a "show mod" with what actual port is being used would help.

Joseph,

I believe that you are referring to the VPN SPA modules. I guess these are the only ones which would do shaping before encryption & hence qos pre-classify won't be needed.

I agree with your idea (if it is feasible with ayokunles) on putting a regular router in front of 7600  to do the shaping.

I believe that the best solution in this case would be to use per tunnel QOS.

Regards,

Amit

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card