Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS starting point or QoS based on IP

nickhesson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

My QoS experience and deployment is almost nothing.  But I believe it will fix some poor voice quality we are having at some new sites.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Here's a basic site deployment for us:

Basic UC site connection.png

We are having some quality issues with voice coming in, sounds like a bad cell phone call, but outbound voice sounds good.  Basically, can I set a QoS policy that prioritizes for traffic to and from the UC540 device's IP address on the Internet edge router?  Our UC devices set in parallel with ASA's and other devices that need direct internet access.  All sites use the UC devices only for Voice calls and use SIP trunks to different SIP providers.

Thanks for your time and support,

Nick

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Typically, you can not apply fully effective QoS for your inbound traffic, and without being able to do so, while sharing Internet bandwidth with other applications, you can't properly support VoIP service requirements.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card