cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Multicast with Anycast-RP and/or MSDP with 4 or more Nexus switches

derek.small
Level 5
Level 5

I haven't found anything recently that really addresses this design question. There are several good papers on implementing Anycast-RP on a pair of Nexus switches, but I haven't found anything that talks about redundancy between data centers.  If a customer has a pair of Nexus switches in data center A, and a pair in data center B.  Would you just use a single anycast-rp with four devices, or would you do a different anycast-rp between the Nexus switches in the same data center, and then MSDP between the Nexus switches in different data centers?  Also, if you use MSDP between data centers would you use the same anycast address on all four switches, or one for data center A, and a different one for data center B, then configure all PIM routers with two RPs.  Has anyone found any good design guides that I just haven't found?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco