Views
Helpful
Replies

Question

dj214
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All:

I realize that this may be off topic but the only reason I have posted it here is because if there is an answer to be found, this is the place. I know of no other newsgroups that host the technical expertise that this one does.

I'm having an issue whereby zipped files are coming up corrupt when transferred via FTP over one of our Radio Frequency T-1's. Very intermittent problem and seemingly only with large files.

2 Questions:

1. Obviously, what could be causing this. I have read where noise on the line could be the culptrit and this leads to the second question.

2. Each packet contains 4 bits of crc data. Does this check for each packets size on send and receive? If a packet fails crc on reassembly, wouldn't it tell the sending machine to resend the packet?

I just can't figure out why the transfer seemingly goes successfully yet the zip cannot be open due to crc problems.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this issue.

2 Replies 2

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Is this problem also with the non-zipped files (same ones) when transfered?

Regards

JD

JD - don't know for sure at this time but it appears just to be related to zipped files. Our next step will be send without zipping.

I can tell you that resending the exact same file solves the problem. Get's there in one piece.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card