Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: User ping with different subnet in VXLAN

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thank you all for reply!

@Sergiu.Daniluk  In each of two VTEP(csr1000v), what I configured is 1. Multicast, 2. interface NVE, 3. service instance/encapsulation 4. bridge-domain to conbine NVI, interface and service-instance together. Sorry, the diagram should be like below. it has Core SW instead of VTEP3. 

user-pc1 ------VTEP1 ------Core SW-----VTEP2------user-pc2

The below is relative VTEP1 config:

hostname VTEP01
ip multicast-routing distributed

bridge-domain 1
member vni 5012
member GigabitEthernet2 service-instance 1
!
interface Loopback0
ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
ip pim sparse-mode
!
interface GigabitEthernet1
ip address 192.168.13.1 255.255.255.0
ip pim sparse-mode
negotiation auto
no mop enabled
no mop sysid
!
interface GigabitEthernet2
no ip address
ip pim sparse-mode
negotiation auto
no mop enabled
no mop sysid
service instance 1 ethernet
encapsulation untagged
!
interface nve1
no ip address
source-interface Loopback0
member vni 5012 mcast-group 239.1.1.1
no mop enabled
no mop sysid
!
router ospf 1
network 1.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 0
network 192.168.13.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

ip pim bidir-enable
ip pim rp-address 3.3.3.3 bidir
!

@RedNectar I am not sure the relation between VXLAN and ACI. but I think VXLAN is a important tunnel in ACI. If this is pure VXLAN structure, it should not be related with EPG and vrf, right? 

I checked some documents. I feel we do not need to get involved with VXLAN too depth because ACI would take care of all complicated detail steps. Not sure if this is correct. 

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @interfacedy ,

This post was originally posted on the ACI forum, so I naturally assumed you were referring to VXLAN in an ACI context and answered accordingly.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You really have to be more specific from the beginning of your post, as it looks like it's not even about VXLAN on Nexus switches.(remember you posted your message on ACI initially).

Anyway, I don't have experience on VXLAN on ASR routers, so I can only redirect you to the config guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/cether/configuration/xe-16/ce-xe-16-book/evpn-vxlan-l3.html

And I will move this thread to the appropriate subtopic.

Cheers,

Sergiu

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card