Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

regarding the recrutment

i am doing my 3 rd B.E (cse) and i completed ccna certification going to appear for the exam but some of my friends are preferring MS networking they are telling ie (ccna,ccnp) certifications are no match for the Masters degree i am in diellama whether to continue my certification path or to go for the masters in networking plse help me

7 Replies 7

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Rajan,

Just sharing my views.

In my view you should do what attracts you. Networking is very interesting field and if you follow path

like ccna,ccnp,ccie it will be better choice.

this is entirely depends upon what is your aim for next 5 years..think large.

There are many vendors now in market like juniper,alcatel for data and huawei,italtel for voice solutions.

May be tomorrow you will see some different technology arrived in market. So i think better to start with ccna for basic understanding

and then follow the next path.

Regards

Mahesh

thanx mahesh

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Cisco Certification is the industry most respected Certificate, Cisco becomes a leader in the Market today with regard to all Networking Solutions and IT Consultancy services , thier products , Supports , Features Improves businesses reliability and Cost.

In todays Market, I would encourage you first to have Cisco Certification this will speed up the process of your employment, However, a Master degree would also from my point of view important but it wouldnt be as necessarilty as gotten Cisco Certified.

While Earning the Certification, try also to learn as much as you can , As Certifiction is not only the way of getting a better job , you will have to have Skills , learner , and Self Motivator.

Good Luck for you,

HTH

Mohamed

thanks mohamed

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rajan,

If I understand you correctly you are asking whether to continue your studies into the Masters degree, or whether to pursue certifications instead of enrolling into a Masters degree.

If this is really what you are asking about then my advice is: do both. The certifications will show your future employer that you have the knowledge and the proficiency to work with particular vendor's products at some level and that you also have an overview of the fundamental theoretical principles. However, the certifications (or the knowledge necessary to earn a certificate) is understandably and inseparably linked to a particular vendor and its products, implementations and "view of the world". It often does not go very much into "why", it tells you only "how". In my opinion, that is too little for a person that shall be versatile, effective and adaptive to the current state of art in the networking field.

Enrolling into the Masters course in the networking would give you precisely that aspect of knowledge that is not covered by certifications - the ability to understand why things are designed in this or that particular way, even perhaps the skills to improve things. Understanding the principles and their consequences makes the networking to become your second nature. Learning new things, new technologies, new services - all that will become so much easier because you will understand the principle and the logic behind. You won't actually need to memorize all the things because whenever you need them, you just deduce them instantly again and again from the knowledge you have. And also, when an unexpected situation is encountered in a network, you will be at a huge advantage because again by following the knowledge how shall something work and why shall it work that way, you will be in much better position to actually understand in intimate detail what is going on, whether it is actually expectable or way off the correct course.

Combining both the certification and the masters degree is really about taking the best from both worlds. The certificate is immediately accepted and "readable", so to say, by anybody that wants to know what your skills in networking are. And by attending the masters courses, you will enhance and cultivate your own knowledge and the ability to think in networking relations and terms. Isn't it simply awesome to be a person that can practically configure great stuff on networking devices and at the same time actually understand to the smallest detail why the things were designed in a particular way - to be a true expert, not just by skills but also by the solid knowledge foundation?

I would never position a certificate above a masters degree or say that having a certification is more than having a degree. They are not comparable, rather, they are complementary and shall come together.

Best regards,

Peter

thanks Mr.peter ur suggestion was very helpful for me

Hi Rajan,

being a Cisco Employee.. lemme be frank.. There are multiple ways to get the certifications.. one is "that" and another is the "knowledge"... if you are planning to do CCNA / CCNP and So make sure you have the "knowledge" and not using the "other".. the knowledge helps you a lot rather that.. if you have the Knowledge then you can "CRUSH" any interview.. but the if you clear using "OTHER" just to get certified, to get the cert then the interview Will crush you and u feel demotivated!! So.. my tot is.. if you are planning for certs then i wanna see ur knowledge more than passing the exam using "THAT"..

Here is the other way.. If you clear the certs with "THAT" then there is no value without knowledge, here your masters has better records..

Just 2 cents of tot..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card