Replies

ROUTE MANIPULATION

fmugambi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Team,

I have a network as attached,

fmugambi_0-1721641746525.png

I have a different thread on community to be assisted on the "passive-site" to redistribute the ipsec static routes from the vFTD to the core sw site 2. -This is still on progress as still not working as expected.- despite the ospf red static command on vFTD, the core site 2 does not learn the remote ipsec networks.

If we were to unblock this, then follows my next challenge;

core sw site 2 would know remote network ipsec networks, so how would this operate to avoid assymetric routing, where, traffic comes in from active site say  to site b vlan/server, the server responds back, traffic gets to core sw site 2, how would this device route the traffic? via vFTD on passive-site or back via mpls to active site ftd then to destination? 

is there a way to control this thats more efficient than shutting down interfaces at passive-site, and unshutting them once active-site has an issue and you expect to failover traffic to passive-site?

your support, thoughts and ideas on this will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

If I am understanding correctly 

Two ftd redistribute rri subnet into ospf

You need core use one path tha  other?

MHM

yes, both FTDs have same ipsec tunnels, but each is active at a time, for failover incase any site has an issue.

so how do you make cores only route ospf routes to active remote clients direction.

am using bgp for this failover using as prepend. i make passive site less-prefferable than active site.

if this issue not solve I think I found solution here 
please confirm it not solve to run lab and share result with you 

Thanks 

MHM

kindly share, not found solution for how active-routing will happen.

I remember you have old lab for this topology do you still have this lab, if you have use conditional advertise and check.
for static route no need to add VPN in your lab only static route to null0 will be OK 

MHM

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/border-gateway-protocol-bgp/16137-cond-adv.html

fmugambi_0-1721641746525.png

Hi, thanks for your time on this,

i understood how conditional routing comes into play here,

but question on my end, which condition do i use? my remote ipsec networks are very diverse, they are not /24 networks, some are some are less. how do i cater for all of them, without breaking anything?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card