Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 1841 clock rate

jagdev.dhaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi frds

I have a freash router 1841 at its serial interface i configured for E1 link but it atumaticlly shows clock rate of 2000000 this . I tried to remove it i am unable even i have change its IOS and erase the NVRAM and reconfigurd it

but always it shows clock rate 2000000

,but i can change the rate but unable to ' No clock rate 'can anyone help me to remove clock rate

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which interface is that ? Which cable is attached? Show diag and show controller to know that.

intface is S0/0/0 and cable is v.35

Hi, you should send the full out of the commands requested for us to check on things.

However, if the attached cable is DTE, the only possible reason is a software bug.

Hi Sir , I have already upgrade the IOS but it is still there however commands are

interface Serial0/0/0

description ## Link from FRIENDS GGN - D184 Okhla ##

bandwidth 1984

ip address 10.254.0.66 255.255.255.252

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

encapsulation ppp

clock rate 2000000

no cdp enable

!

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

i have the same problem. but once the serial interface plugged to a modem this command will disappear and it functions fine.

if you are not using the serial interface then it wont do anything. if you are using the serial interface, and are acting as the DCE (pretty sure its DCE and not DTE) then you must use clockrate command. It is used when you are providing clocking on a serial interface to link up a connection. Normally, the router will determine if you are using a DCE or DTE connection and use the clockrate if it is needed. if there is no connection, then the default is to show the clockrate command, I believe.

basically, if you are not using the interface, then it doesnt hurt to leave it in. if you are using the interface, then it needs to be set to the right value.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: