cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router password Recovery

wingu
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to password recovery on 2611 router. I think I input wrong config reg on the ROMMON mode. After reboot, I can't go into ROMMON mode again and I can see only strange letters like below.

What can I do for it?

msg on router---------

?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕C 훲┘꼧?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕C 훲┘꼧?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕C 훲┘꽕?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕CC樣?碍 훲┘꼧?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕C 훲┘꼧?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕C 훲┘꼧?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕C 훲┘꼧?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕C 훲┘꼧?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕C 훲┘꽕?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕CC樣?碍 훲┘꽕?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕CC樣?碍 훲┘꼧?ㅴ뀊훲??녎냴꽕C 훲┘꼧?ㅴ뀊훲??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is an almost classic symptom of having changed the speed of the console port. Some of the bits in the config register do control the speed of the console port.

If we knew what value you had put into the config register then we could figure what the speed of the console port is set to. But since we do not know this you will just have to experiment some and find the right one. I suggest that you change the speed of the connection in your terminal emulator (Hyperterm or which ever one you are using) to 1200 (the lowest speed). If you are using Hyperterm (and perhaps some others) you should stop and re-start the connection each time you change the speed. Then attempt to access the router. If it works then you know the speed and can now access the router and set the config register to its normal value (at which time you will need to change the speed of your terminal emulator.) If it does not work at 1200 change the terminal emulator speed to 2400. Keep working through the speeds till you find one that works.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is an almost classic symptom of having changed the speed of the console port. Some of the bits in the config register do control the speed of the console port.

If we knew what value you had put into the config register then we could figure what the speed of the console port is set to. But since we do not know this you will just have to experiment some and find the right one. I suggest that you change the speed of the connection in your terminal emulator (Hyperterm or which ever one you are using) to 1200 (the lowest speed). If you are using Hyperterm (and perhaps some others) you should stop and re-start the connection each time you change the speed. Then attempt to access the router. If it works then you know the speed and can now access the router and set the config register to its normal value (at which time you will need to change the speed of your terminal emulator.) If it does not work at 1200 change the terminal emulator speed to 2400. Keep working through the speeds till you find one that works.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you so much. I made it with 19200 baud rate.

Thanks for posting back to the forum and indicating that your problem was solved. It makes the forum more useful when people do post back confirming the solution so that we can read about a problem and then see what solution solved the problem.

I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card