cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing between 2 switches

lakhwaraa
Level 1
Level 1

i have a mpls connection connected to 3750 switch (switch 1) which is connected to a router example New York. My all branches access this router and switch for data and internet. I have installed a new switch 3750 (Switch 2) with mpls on another location example California. My switches are connected through MPLS.  i want my branches to send heavy traffice to 2nd switch after getting routing table from router.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you make small diagram for us to understand ?

also what is the mean of heavy traffic ?

If the Router is make decision what path to choose, you can do PBR with next hop if you know the source IP address and destination ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

if I get your request right 
SW1 connect to MPLS SP1
SW2 connect to MPLS SP2

both are end in same site (HQ)
you need your Branch to send more traffic through SW2 than the SW1 ??

HQ

MPLS (192.168.20.22)  is connected to switch 3750 (Vlan1520) and the switch is connected to Router (10.20.1.2). Switch route points to router and router route points to switch. Router has routes for all my network including mpls network (192.168.20.0, 172.20.0.0, 10.20.0.0).

Different Location

SW2 connect to MPLS (Vlan1 25). This MPLS can ping HQ MPLS.

Now I want some traffic to move to SW2 rather then they go to HQ router and overloads it.

can i connect location switch with HQ switch via MPLS and route some traffic SW2.

We need more information on routing protocols. You can manipulate the routing with route maps and police routing. You can influence the metrics of routes in order the force the router to use alternate routes, but with any info on routing, here is an example.

interface GigabitEthernet1/0
 ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0
 ip policy route-map Swtich2
--------------------------------------
access-list 1 permit 172.16.2.0 0.0.0.255
------------------------------------------
route-map Switch2 permit 10
 match ip address 1
 set ip next-hop 172.16.2.2 ---> This will be the redirection to the Switch 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like @balaji.bandi a network diagram, or more description, would be very helpful.

True/native MPLS connection or perhaps Ethernet connections running over a MPLS network?

What equipment at branches?

Your 3750 running L3?

Re: sending "heavy" traffic, this known statically, or something you want to do dynamically?

i want my switch 10.20.1.249 to ping 172.20.25.11 as they all are on MPLS L3

cisco.JPG

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card