Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Issue

Learnercisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tech People,

I am facing inter vlan routing issue in my cisco 9600 (iOS 12.2). we can not use the gateway address in the device (see attached picture)

my two Vlans (10,20) are in a same VRF and the device in VLAN10 wants to communicate with Server in Vlan20. i tried to configure the NAT in c9600 but the NAT Does not support VRF. Can any body tell any work around the make the communication possible for these two device. 

8 Replies 8

do you have ""Network Advantage"" in 9600 ??
this sheet what you need for VRF feature 
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9600-series-switches/nb-06-cat9600-series-data-sheet-cte-en.html

Hi MHM,

Yes i have network advantage.  i can configure the NAT but its not showing me the VRF in the NAT Statement. May be this is an ios problem. I can only configure the NAT in GRT which is not working  in mycase. 

p nat inside source list nat-acl interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 vrf INET overload

Hello
Im not able to check ,but see if the 9600 support either NVI or VASI nat

int x/x
ip nat enable
or
interface vasiright/left

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

check L2SW are you add VLAN 10 or it only allow in trunk port ??

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

cisco 9600 (iOS 12.2)  - are you the version of code ?

can you post some config information

also show ip route vrf XXX

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

There is correction, the Correct version is 16.12.3a (gibraltar). The VRF shows the both VLAN routes as directly connected. its is working with laptop by using the gateway address. But unfortunately the remote equipment doesn't support gateway address. i will share with you the Switch config. Thanks. 

Hello

@Learnercisco wrote:

But unfortunately the remote equipment doesn't support gateway address. i will share with you the Switch config. Thanks. 

So enable ip proxy-arp on the Vlan 20 L3 interface.. 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

@Learnercisco wrote:
But unfortunately the remote equipment doesn't support gateway address.

This means the client can only have static IP addressing. 

And this means the only way to get this to work is put an ACL that says something like "all traffic from this subnet needs to go down this interface". 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card