Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing public ip's

willymaldonado1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts..!!

I like to route and forward traffic to 5 public IP's to the internet and this is the senario.... I'm helping a friend who's beed assigned to provide and manage an internet connection to a rural client, and this is how the configuration it's so far    

isp-------------- 2600 router ----------- wi-fi -----------------------wi-fi (bridge)-------------------------- wi-fi (reciber) at rural area--------- 2600 router

his client wants for some reason 5 public ip's....  and my question is if someone in the internet wants to connect to his ip's how could this ip's be discover and have the trafic forward to his clients site

thanks for your help in advance

willy

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

vinodsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

you need public ips to start with and once you have them they should be routed on the internet from your provider so that the ips are reachable then you can configure static nat on your router to map internal client ips to a public ip and then you can access your internal machines/devices using those public ips.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/nat_static.html

View solution in original post

elom.kutsienyo
Level 1
Level 1

Create a static NAT using an extended ACL that will allow you to point to the client specifically for a request coming to a specific address and even a port. You could also use a route-map. That will look more professional I think.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vinodsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

you need public ips to start with and once you have them they should be routed on the internet from your provider so that the ips are reachable then you can configure static nat on your router to map internal client ips to a public ip and then you can access your internal machines/devices using those public ips.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/nat_static.html

elom.kutsienyo
Level 1
Level 1

Create a static NAT using an extended ACL that will allow you to point to the client specifically for a request coming to a specific address and even a port. You could also use a route-map. That will look more professional I think.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card