cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130 ipsec VPN configuration form crippled

bon_durant1
Level 1
Level 1

The ipsec VPN server configuration form displays a lot of inactive fields, so I am unable to follow the instructions given in, for example, the documentation here.  I tried setting only the fields I could get to, but the values are not saved.  My configuration view:

Selection_017.png

Have I missed a switch that enables the fields?

5 Replies 5

Hello,

what operating mode is your RV130 in ? You need to be in Gateway mode for the VPN to work (page 39 of the attached guide)...

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv130w/admin_guide/en/rv130w_admin_en.pdf

This has always been in gateway mode:

Selection_018.pngThanks for the reply.  Any other ideas?

I'm just bumping this with a little more information, namely that the device claims that the firmware, at version 1.0.3.44, is up to date since before I reported the issue.  I did notice the issue much earlier and just didn't have time to troubleshoot it (as if I do now).  It's been far too long without this central feature working.  Does the ipsec VPN server configuration menu appear broken (as in my original post) for any else, or am I alone?

bon_durant1
Level 1
Level 1

Another bump, adding that the broken UI (missing edit controls) occurs across multiple client browser/platforms.

bon_durant1
Level 1
Level 1

I hope bumps 4 months apart do not annoy too much.  Is there anyone at Cisco concerned that this customer appears to be reporting a defective device to a brick wall?  If you can't reproduce the disabled fields, what else is left?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card