cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130 ipsec VPN configuration form crippled

bon_durant1
Level 1
Level 1

The ipsec VPN server configuration form displays a lot of inactive fields, so I am unable to follow the instructions given in, for example, the documentation here.  I tried setting only the fields I could get to, but the values are not saved.  My configuration view:

Selection_017.png

Have I missed a switch that enables the fields?

5 Replies 5

Hello,

what operating mode is your RV130 in ? You need to be in Gateway mode for the VPN to work (page 39 of the attached guide)...

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv130w/admin_guide/en/rv130w_admin_en.pdf

This has always been in gateway mode:

Selection_018.pngThanks for the reply.  Any other ideas?

I'm just bumping this with a little more information, namely that the device claims that the firmware, at version 1.0.3.44, is up to date since before I reported the issue.  I did notice the issue much earlier and just didn't have time to troubleshoot it (as if I do now).  It's been far too long without this central feature working.  Does the ipsec VPN server configuration menu appear broken (as in my original post) for any else, or am I alone?

bon_durant1
Level 1
Level 1

Another bump, adding that the broken UI (missing edit controls) occurs across multiple client browser/platforms.

bon_durant1
Level 1
Level 1

I hope bumps 4 months apart do not annoy too much.  Is there anyone at Cisco concerned that this customer appears to be reporting a defective device to a brick wall?  If you can't reproduce the disabled fields, what else is left?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card