Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 QoS for Ip phone

Is QoS for Ip iphone is need?. Will any difference?.

Router is rv340

3 vlan

1 vlan data

2 vlan cctv/ip phone

3 vlan cctv/ip phone

How to enable QoS for particular ip range?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

basically, under 'QoS' --> 'Traffic Classes' you define the source and destination addresses, and then set the application/service.

Details at page 109 of the attached guide...

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Administration/EN/b_RV340x_AG.pdf

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

basically, under 'QoS' --> 'Traffic Classes' you define the source and destination addresses, and then set the application/service.

Details at page 109 of the attached guide...

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Administration/EN/b_RV340x_AG.pdf

This is exactly what I would like to do for our ip phone addresses however I can't figure out how to enter it for a range of addresses if it is possible. Any way to enter a traffic class for a range? Something like:

Service Name  Receive Interface  IP Version Source IP                           Destination IP   Service Application

IP Phones         VLan1                  IPv4          10.0.1.51 to 10.0.1.80       0.0.0.0            All Traffic

In the source IP I've tried 10.0.1.51/10.0.1.80, 10.0.1.51-10.0.1.80, 10.0.1.51::10.0.1.80, 10.0.1.51 10.0.1.80 and I tried filling both source boxes top and bottom with the addresses (I believe the bottom is just for application classes though). Nothing passes validation and the manual doesn't specify. I can enter each phone individually but wow... what a pain for something so simple :-(.

I would attempt to do it by Application, however, the Yealink T58 teams phones we have don't seem to be playing nice with the RV340 router. Over 3/4 of the time the router blocks calls from these phones with the application feature turned on.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card