cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340W Static Nat

MoradA
Level 1
Level 1

We have just upgraded from a rv042g to the rv340w. the router is setup with a static public ip. We are trying to point one of our static ip to an internal ip (exchange server) but i noticed there is no one to one nat option. i tried to use the static nat but when i enable it the internet connection on the exchange server stops working? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I was having the same issue but have this part working successfully now.  It is the Static Nat section you want to be in and create an entry and private IP is the internal IP of your exchange server and Public IP Range Begin would be the external IP for your exchange server range length would be 1 services would be whichever exchange service you are trying to setup (i.e. https, smtp) as i had to create 1 entry per service and then Interfaces would be whichever WAN port interface you are using.

This then creates some access rules for what you just set up in static nat however the destination interface was being set to "VLAN" this would not allow traffic through.  I then manually created the access rule where the destination interface was "VLAN1" and traffic flowed as expected.  Hope this helps if you are still having a problem.

View solution in original post

Turns out the settings i had were correct, the issue was from the isp gateway. I had to power down the rv340 and the isp gateway then power them back on. The isp gateway wasnt registering the rv340's mac address

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we need to more information how your outgoing NAT configured.

follow below guide for NAT example for incoming, :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5461-configure-the-static-network-address-translation-nat-on-the.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So we have a comcast gateway connected to the rv340w. We have a total of 13 static ip addresses. The rv340w is assigned public ip 50.x.x.x. i would like to point another one 9f our public ip to our internal exchange server. Hope this helps im not to familiar with this. Our previous router was the rv042g and it was as simple as going to the site selecting one-to-one nat and entering the ip info but this one is a little complicated.

Hello

@MoradA wrote:
i tried to use the static nat but when i enable it the internet connection on the exchange server stops working? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Personally I have no exposure to this modal of router others on this forum may have However nat is nat and if this device supports it then its viable to work with 121 nat.

Can you post your configuration for this -Also can do you have spare public addressing to use for 121 nat translation!

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

on a side note, how did you configure the static NAT (page 76 of the attached guide) ? The idea is to NOT include the WAN IP address in the public IP range...

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Administration/EN/b_RV340x_AG.pdf

My wan Static ip is 50.x.x.1 . In static nat i want to point 50.x.x.2 to internal 10.15.x.21. But when i enter that the server im pointing 50.x.x.2 to loses internet connection

Hello

curious do you have 50.x.x.2 available what’s is your public subnet range?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Our isp is comcast and we have 13 static ip addresses from them. We use one for the router connected to their gateway which is the rv340w. It was working fin with our old router but i just dont know why its not working with this one.

Hello

Please post your present configuration if applicable.

Kind Regards
Paul

I was having the same issue but have this part working successfully now.  It is the Static Nat section you want to be in and create an entry and private IP is the internal IP of your exchange server and Public IP Range Begin would be the external IP for your exchange server range length would be 1 services would be whichever exchange service you are trying to setup (i.e. https, smtp) as i had to create 1 entry per service and then Interfaces would be whichever WAN port interface you are using.

This then creates some access rules for what you just set up in static nat however the destination interface was being set to "VLAN" this would not allow traffic through.  I then manually created the access rule where the destination interface was "VLAN1" and traffic flowed as expected.  Hope this helps if you are still having a problem.

Turns out the settings i had were correct, the issue was from the isp gateway. I had to power down the rv340 and the isp gateway then power them back on. The isp gateway wasnt registering the rv340's mac address

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: