Views
Helpful
Replies

SD LAN with multiple tenants

Oban3jimmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

im a SD LAN newbie so please bare with me. 

im looking at a Cisco ACI and DNA Center deployment for a all in SD solution. 

im happy what ACI will do; but I’m looking at the access layers and trying to understand how users in tenants are handled. Ideally each tenant / customer will have a .1x cert authentication and then the result of this .1x challenge will determine with tenant they sit within. 

so in effect a generic access layer is deployment to all sites. Then any customer from any tenant can plug into the access layer, they are identified by certificate and they can then only access the resources allowed by the tenant rules?

looking at 9000 series switching and controllers to achieve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, how you define those security tags based on the ISE.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my understanding - SD-Access for Campus Lan, and more controlled by ISE here play a big role.

If anyone can plug into port and they are not part of your network or unauthorized access - based on the design ISE will decide what kind of resources will be allowed for this unknown rogue client in the network, or you can also configure to shut down the port and alerts can be sent over.

If you looking for each port as a tenant-based system, that should be carefully understood and design the network as per the needs.

Look at the SD-Access with Segmentation design guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/CVD-Software-Defined-Access-Segmentation-Design-Guide-2018MAY.pdf

BB

Thank you - just so I understand at a high level; if designed properly, each switch port can dynamically represent any tenant?  

So it’s not important where you plug into on the switch, only the 802.1x response will determine the tenant you are assigned to?

thanks 

yes, how you define those security tags based on the ISE.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card