Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up WAN Access in Cisco 891F

ofer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a Cisco 891F router that I got second-hand for a lab environment that I am trying to setup.

I managed to reset it, gain access to the router, and set some things up, but I am unable to get access to the internet from a computer connected to the router.

I have set up my WAN interface as gigabit ethernet 8 and my default route is set up to point at the router provided by my ISP. If I log into the console of the router and try to ping an internet address, then it works with no problems. Same if I try to ping my ISP router (172.24.0.1).

The problem I have is that I cannot get this to work from a computer connected to the router to VLAN 1. I can connect from the computer to the router, and I can also ping the router's address on the WAN interface, but that is it. I cannot ping the IP address of my ISP router or anything on the internet. I tried setting up different access rules, but still couldn't get it to work.

I have attached the configuration file that I am using currently (without the passwords/secrets).

I know that there is something I am missing here, I just can't find what it is...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
If you have internet connectivity from the rtr but not from vlan1 then append the following and test again:

conf t
access-list 10 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255
ip nat inside source list 10 interface GigabitEthernet8

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello
If you have internet connectivity from the rtr but not from vlan1 then append the following and test again:

conf t
access-list 10 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255
ip nat inside source list 10 interface GigabitEthernet8

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

That looks like it solved my problem, thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card