cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFTP backup to Azure cloud storage

ryders1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get router/switch backups sent to our new cloud storage in Azure. I can't get them to connect. I have sftp debugging on and am getting the four logs below from each sftp transfer attempt I make. I am responsible for the cisco side of this and from what I have found I only need to setup my source interface for SFTP. It seems like my sftp transfer isn't getting routed properly. We have a site to site VPN to connect us to our Azure cloud. When I ping or traceroute to the destination IP I can see the traffic being allowed over the firewall, however when I attempt the sftp transfer I don't see any traffic being allowed or blocked. Is there some configuration I am missing to send this file? Right now I am just using an empty file for testing.

copy bootflash:TestFile sftp://user.name:password@IPaddress/folder/subfolder/TestFile

SFTP fioctl: rcvd req 5
SFTP fioctl: rcvd req 1
SFTP fioctl: setting size
SSH Client connect failed

Cisco ISR4321 version 17.06.06a

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Dp you have the possibility to check sftp/ssh-service related logs on Azure ?
  - Could be an MTU problem ; do you have the possibility to lower the MTU of the VPN tunnel (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I would like to check the logs. I assumed since I wasn't seeing my traffic show up in firewall it wasn't reaching the sftp server. I will ask my azure contact to check for logs just in case though.

Hello,

not sure if this is applicable in your context, but do you have SFTP support enabled ?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/secure-file-transfer-protocol-support-how-to?tabs=azure-portal

I have been told sftp is enabled.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card