Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350-28 intervlan and two WAN

avastaja123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community.

I hope I could make myself clear, cause my homelanguage isn' t english.

I have SG350-28P and two internet connection, witch connected with Mikrotik router, witch doing NAT.

My goal:

Mikrotik 1 - let' s say vlan10 and 192.168.0.1/24

Mikrotik 2 - let' s say vlan20 and 192.168.2.1/24

If I configure sg350 vlan' s and IP adresses, I can get intervlan to work.
But when route 0.0.0.0 0 pointed to next hope to vlan10 192.168.0.1 internet will work only with that route
When I point 0.0.0.0 0 route to vlan2 192.168.2.1internet will work only with that route.

If there a way for both internet connection will work and intervlan also? Goal is each vlan will use own internet connection, but will able to do intervlan also.
At the moment all the configuation done via GUI.

Will appreciate any help or pointing where I could learn hot to make it work.

5 Replies 5

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @avastaja123 ,

as far as I know, the Layer 3 capabilities of the SG350 are very limited - it only supports static routes. 

There was another post here https://community.cisco.com/t5/switches-small-business/sg300-multiple-default-gateways/m-p/5037532#M28316 where somebody wanted to configure a second static route, with a higher metric, for redundancy purposes. It seems that you cannot do that on the SG series.

Other tools that would allow you to accomplish what you want to do - like Policy Based Routing (PBR) - are also not available.

You need a proper router for that, like an ISR 1K or ISR 4K or an older model like 2900 series. You can also manage with a true L3 switch - 9300/9200 series.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

Since CBS350 supports PBR, SG350 may support it, too.

Kris K

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

I stand corrected - @KJK99 is right, the SG350 does support PBR and can be used to direct traffic from vlan 10 to 192.168.0.1/24 and traffic from vlan 20 to 192.168.0.2/24

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

avastaja123
Level 1
Level 1

I wan' t to thank all of you, for thinking with me.
Yes, sg350 have PBR.

I did watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyJW5nqIrxc

But I can' t config my sg350 like this one.
I can' t map next hope to my  right vlan. I can map next hope route to wrong vlan, with have different ip (subnet?).
If I try to map right vlan, I got ACL error, no matter how I configure ACL.

Any ideas?

avastaja123
Level 1
Level 1

I got to work it with PBR, problem was that ACL should be binging under PBR, not ACL.

Vlan next. hope is working, but now I'm facing another problem.
The moment I connect next hope gateway, I'm losing connection with the switch, but it will keeping forward internet. I would not be problem, but this way intervlan not works. I can connect to switch other IP just fine, as long the next. hope gateway not connected.

Any ideas? ACL is premited any. any

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card