Views
Helpful
Replies

SG550x Switches

Fotiosmark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering, since I couldn't find anything practical online, I have ordered 2 550x brand new. I want to stack them and connect with Port-Channel to an ASA, one interface to Switch1 and the other to Switch2.

Once Stacked, I supposed PortChannel will work right? Or would it need to support VPCs? (virtual PortChanels)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

that should work. Once the 550s are stacked, they operate as a single unit, and you can assign any port to the respective LAG.

View solution in original post

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

it should be work if your configuration is correct and all criteria matched with the requirement.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

that should work. Once the 550s are stacked, they operate as a single unit, and you can assign any port to the respective LAG.

Hi,
expected!
Can I stack the SG550x with a copper interface or do I really need to use and SFP for the stacking?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/550x-series-stackable-managed-switches/datasheet-c78-735874.html

"Using standard 10G fiber or copper connections, the Cisco 550X Series supports both local and horizontal stacking deployments and the flexibility of ring or chain topology. The switches also have the capability to use link aggregation port as the stacking port, providing even higher stacking bandwidth for demanding applications."

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

it should be work if your configuration is correct and all criteria matched with the requirement.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card