Helpful
Replies

Simple OSPF multiarea network in Packet Tracer has no full connectivity

Lightbit
Level 1
Level 1

First, sorry for my bad English.

PT file attached.

3 IRs in Area 1, 3 IRs in Area 0, 1 ABR. IRs have routes from their own areas and networks connected to ABR, but have no routes from routers of other Area. What am I doing wrong? Packet Tracer 7.3.2020-03-13_09h18_18.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the problem in your setup is that all routers have different DR/BDRs. I have set the priority on the ABR to 1, and the rest of the routers to 0 (ip ospf priority interface command), so that the DR is conistent across all routers.

Find attached the revised file.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Check if your OSPF is up between the ABR and IR routers in Area 0. Check the LSDB in ABR router if you see type 3 lsa's or not

show ip ospf database

Please do not hesitate to click the STAR button if you are satisfied with my answer.

You can use Packet Tracer to see all you need for help me.

Hello,

the problem in your setup is that all routers have different DR/BDRs. I have set the priority on the ABR to 1, and the rest of the routers to 0 (ip ospf priority interface command), so that the DR is conistent across all routers.

Find attached the revised file.

Thank you very match!
Unless the priority is defined by the highest address of the loopback interface? Will this situation be true for real devices? Should I always set priority manually in broadcast networks? And why I can't see ip ospf priority in running-config? Too many questions, sorry. UPD: It stopped working after save and load. But working after clear ip ospf process on all routers. May be PT bug?
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card