Helpful
Replies

Slowness issue to reach router from host

kirank10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , 

When pinging from host to router 

path 9k2 has slowness  issue but path 9k1 doesn't have slowness but after sometime it get slowness issue  as well , in short both path has slowness issue to reach router from host .What can be issue 

can anyone help me in this 

OSPF BGP.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi paul 
I was actually  doing topology in lab out of curiosity. there was constant slowness in traffic from host to router ( host to 9k2 to router)

and on other hand it was working fine from 9k1 side path but after sometime issue of slowness started again in 9k1 side path as well 

sorry i didn't have traffic logs as i was doing at my friends place and unfortunately he has deleted that lab 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we can not see the picture to identify which one host? where did it connect?

what is the meaning of slowness? what is the IP address of the source, what is the destination you trying to reach?

is the nexus in vPC ?  is this ever worked as expected, ?  show us some config and details ? what you see logs on nexus switches ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

is this a live network with a public eBGP connection, or a lab environment ?

hi, 

lab environment 

Hello

Considering you are performing mutual redistribution between a single router and dual 9k switches I am assuming that diagram you posted doesn't reflect the true nature of your network?
Can you elaborate on this slowness, Does it occur at specific times, is it effecting all users of just certain users/applications?

Have you performed any traffic captures, utilization checks, Looked for flapping interfaces, event logging, are you using quality of service, network translation, vpns etc...

Could you share a topology diagram?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

hi paul 
I was actually  doing topology in lab out of curiosity. there was constant slowness in traffic from host to router ( host to 9k2 to router)

and on other hand it was working fine from 9k1 side path but after sometime issue of slowness started again in 9k1 side path as well 

sorry i didn't have traffic logs as i was doing at my friends place and unfortunately he has deleted that lab 

show interface

check the MTU for both interface connect to Host and interface connect to Router.
fast then slow meaning there is drop in Queue the reason many be N9K receive packet large then it frag it to small to forward it to router.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card