Views
Helpful
Replies

Software download error on CSR 1000v

kay.kang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was trying to download the new software to our CSR 1000v router using TFTP.

But below error message showed.

I tried to download the same file on the different router and it was able to download.

It seems CSR 1000v has the issue.

Any idea about this?

Loading csr1000v-universalk9.17.03.04a.SPA.bin from 10.165.114.27 (via GigabitEthernet1): !
%Error opening bootflash:/csr1000v-universalk9.17.03.04a.SPA.bin (Permission denied)

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Could you execute the command dir bootflash:

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Yes,

I am able to execute the command as below.

RTR05#dir bootflash:
Directory of bootflash:/

No files in directory

7835619328 bytes total (3987382272 bytes free)

- The original error could be confusing  and or indicating a problem with permissions on the source tftp server , albeit counter intuitive. Check the TFTP server's logs when this is tried (and or verify if the file can be successfully accesses on the tftp-server) . Also check if you can download this file onto something else then the csr1000v  through a TFTP-transfer (to verify this possibility).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

kay.kang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I see the software is downloadable when tried with another router.

So TFTP service is no issue.

- Issue the command show logging on the csrv1000 after the attempted tftp transfer, find out if the logs can provide additional info's.

M.

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

can you ping the TFTP IP address from the CSR1K having problem?

is the CSR1K using a VRF on its managment interface (our source interface)?

can you alternatively use FTP?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card