icmp-echo 10.0.0.10 source-interface loopback1
request-data-size 1000
tag ** ping 10.0.0.10 **
threshold 1000
timeout 5000
frequency 4

ip route 10.0.0.10  255.255.255.255 loopback1

track 199 ip sla 10

ip route 10.0.0.0/8  6.6.6.6 track 199 ******* so i lose this one the next route kick in and direct to 7.7.7.7******

ip route 10.0.0.0/8  7.7.7.7

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

--> icmp-echo 10.0.0.10 source-interface loopback1

It doesn't matter how many hops away the target is. Google's DNS server address 8.8.8.8 is often used, and that is an undetermined number of hops away.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

--> icmp-echo 10.0.0.10 source-interface loopback1

It doesn't matter how many hops away the target is. Google's DNS server address 8.8.8.8 is often used, and that is an undetermined number of hops away.

@Georg Pauwen
thx George,
so is that configuration looks good or i am missing any part?

addition in post of Pauwen,

you configuration is good, if you has use it for internal address track, if you need it to work through internet, suggest to you use a external address, like google's dns.

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hello

@Jaderson Pessoa   wrote:

you configuration is good, if you has use it for internal address track, if you need it to work through internet, suggest to you use a external address, like google's dns.

Jaderson Pessoa

Humm - I would say this isn’t a good tracking option as that is a Internet address and would most probably be reachable from various alternate paths even from the source address - you would really want to specify a destination address closer to primary isp network so its then only reachable from the specified source address via that path and not also via the alternate back up path 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello David

@davidKamal2000 wrote:
@Georg Pauwen
thx George,
so is that configuration looks good or i am missing any part

Putting the hop count query aside I would say no it isn’t -In  your current configuration you have 3 static routes with two for the same subnet with no definnative admin distance between them and then ip sla  tracking for one of them which by the way would have no affect apart from withdrawing that single route if the sla tracking worked - however the other route would have been in the rib from the start -so your static routing from what I can see isn’t applicable as you need to at least add an high adminstrative distance to the secondary static route.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card