cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static to BGP redistribition

Russel
Level 1
Level 1

how to redistribute static routes in bgp? What is the configuration to be able to do this in packet tracer? Can you give an example in another way. Thank you.

Can you help me ??

MyAARPMedicare

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

The configuration will look like:

!
router bgp xxxx
   redistribute static
!

This will redistribute all static routes into the BGP process. You may want to add a route-map to filter out some of these routes.

As for 'another way' can you elaborate?

cheers,

Seb.

Make new post and mention the software you use for lab

MHM

Hello @shopia452 ,

if all you need is to advertise some static routes you can use the network command under router bgp .

BGP just checks that the prefix is in the IP routing table it is not limited to connected routes like the network command in IGPs

note: you need to use the network command with the exact mask as you see in the routing table

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello
I would suggest be as specific as possible when you want to redistribute prefixes, static routes is no exception, In this caser I would utilise a route-map and tag the static routes so no future static(s) is advertised by default

ip route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y <interface> <next-hop ip>  tag 100

route-map Static_Routes_RM
match tag 100

router bgp xx
address-family ipv4
redistribute static route-map Static_Routes_RM

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card