Views
Helpful
Replies

Suggest to propose Wan Topology

Dinesh Murthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

We have 3 branches in a location and all are interconnected as like a mesh. but the primary is 4 mbps and the secondary is 2 mbps because of this facing some latency issue on this. Herewith i attached a network diagram please suggest to proceed further. shall i increase the bandwidth for secondary or get a new internet lease line and enable a secure vpn tunnel ?

Regards

Dinesh Murthy

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you get VPLS from the service provider?  They could provide the full mesh.

If you ditched the 2Mb/s links and the full mesh, could you afford to bump the other links to a more reasonable size?

Is your traffic compressible?  Could you enable compression on your links?  What about using WAAS WAN accelerators?

What is the Internet like in these regions?  If the quality of the Internet is good then you could go for a VPN only solution using iWAN for DMVPN.

Hi Philip,

Thanks a lot. shall i make mukundpur as a hub and connect all the branches to it and make a best bandwidth from two ISP;s from chennai to mukundpur ? Then all the branches will land in mukundpur and then flow to chennai, is it best practise ?

Regards

Dinesh Murthy

I don't know the relative geography, or where most of your data goes.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Insufficient information to say.

You might be able to better manage your bandwidth with QoS, or since you have multiple paths, with different bandwidths, one path might saturate while another has free bandwidth.  Something like PfR might help.  There's also WAAS/WAFS that might help too.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card