Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for OSPF for Cisco 3560C

Marcus Peck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

I am confused here with the features that are listed here. I am in the datasheets page for Cisco 3560C Compact switch and states that it ships with IP Base image that "includes the support for routed access, MACsec, and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps11527/ps11289/data_sheet_c78-639705_ps11290_Products_Data_Sheet.html

(paragraph under topic Cisco Catalyst 2960-C and 3560-C Series Software)

Does this image come with the full fledged OSPF feature or is it a cut-down version of it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcus,

It is partially correct that IP Base will provide OSPF support.  When I say "partially", it's because what the data sheet DOES NOT mention is that it's only OSPFv1 and not OSPFv2 or v3. 

Go to Cisco Feature Navigator and verify if you can get OSPFv2/v3 to work on this switch.

I haven't tried it on this model but I'm guessing you need at least IP Services feature set. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcus,

It is partially correct that IP Base will provide OSPF support.  When I say "partially", it's because what the data sheet DOES NOT mention is that it's only OSPFv1 and not OSPFv2 or v3. 

Go to Cisco Feature Navigator and verify if you can get OSPFv2/v3 to work on this switch.

I haven't tried it on this model but I'm guessing you need at least IP Services feature set. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card