cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T-mobile on Cisco 819-4G possible ? Swap sierra card from MC7350 to MC7455 possible?

Tony_MN
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using a pepwave 4g router for remote cabin, I would like to use a older (cheaper) cisco 4g modem/router (C819).

I have a data plan with a t-mobile MVNO.

I cannot verify that anything works with t-mobile until the cost goes up to ir829.

Does anyone know cheapest way to do cisco 4g router, t-mobile network?

Specifically I'm looking for tuning into Band 2 1900, and band 12 700mhz.

I have a 819 verizon model laying around with Sierra MC7350. I was wondering if there is anything i can do to make it work, maybe change the sierra card that is inside to one that states it covers tmobile MC7455? and would that even work..? 

https://www.sierrawireless.com/products-and-solutions/embedded-solutions/products/mc7455/

Thoughts appreciated,

Tony

5 Replies 5

Thanks Georg,

I'm looking for something older and in the $150 or less range at this point. I'm not seeing anything in that range. Thats why i was really crossing my fingers on being able to tinker with the 819.

Hello,

I looked around, but apparently they don't break it down in detail which Sierra card works with which band exactly. If you change the card, you might also run into a firmware compatibility problem. It will be a trial and error I am afraid. But from what I can tell, your skills should allow you to quickly swap the cards and test...:)

Georg,

heres another IF..

IF i wanted to turn my C819G-4G-vz-K9 into a C819G-4G-A-K9 to use with At&t network, how easy do you think that would be?

I like to tinker a bit. that is the only other network that might make sense to me at this juncture.

Thanks 

Tony

Hello,

to be honest, I don't know what components are different other than the Sierra, for the VZ and the A model. I would think the modem is the only difference. Interesting to know if you get that to work...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card