cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 Acceptable Errors

h.parsons
Level 3
Level 3

I have a point to point T1 using two 1751 routers with integrated dsu (v2) I know there is a isssue with these cards but what I wanted to know is a certain amount of errors normal?

8 Replies 8

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

What kind of errors are you seeing? Please include a show run and show interface from each router to help check for problems.

Steve

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

What kind of errors are you seeing? Please include a show run and show interface from each router to help check for problems.

Steve

I dont have a show run with me but it is a basic T1 using all timeslots, clock source internal, hdlc encapsulation. Here is a show interface

hi

The interface information is for one week.

Both the side interface has input errors. It seems there could be some minor termination issue at provider side.

AS far as the interface resets count is zero , there should be negligible effect on the data traffic.

Hope this helps.

regards

Rakesh

======

While not a lot of errors, you shouldn't have any. Have you had the telco check the lines?

Steve

Is the a full T1 or a frac?

I had a similar problem and removed the bandwidth definition from the the interfaces and let them use the default and that seemed to solve the problem. It looks like you bandwith is set at 1536 while a full T is 1544.

Try looking at the results of this command:

show service-module serial 0/0

look for errors, mainly Errored Seconds and check periodically to see if they are incrementing. When I report problems to my provider, I always report the number of Errored seconds or what ever errors are showing.

Also, contrary to popular belief the bandwidth setting on an interface has nothing to do with the actual bandwidth of the interface. It used by certain routing protocols for routing calculations.

Line clocking could be the problem. Is this a telco line? If so, clocking should probably be set to network on both sides, as most telcos provide timing. If there is no clocking on the line at all, then one side of your link should be set to network, and the other to internal.

Tim is absolutely correct on the bandwidth statement, this is strictly for metric calculation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card