cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 DSU/CSU loopback question....

maxnpj
Level 1
Level 1

This might be the dumbest question of the day, but....if I telnet into a router then put the DSU/CSU into loopback (either "line loopback" / "line loopback payload" / "loopback remote full" / "loopback remote payload") ...will I lose my telnet session?

--Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Brian-

Assuming your coming in across the T1 line, then yes you will lose your connection.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Brian-

Assuming your coming in across the T1 line, then yes you will lose your connection.

Yes...I should have specified, but I would be coming over the T1 line...and thank you for the answer. I figured that would happen...but I just didn't see it anywhere in documentation.

Thanks

--Brian

FYI, if you schedule a reload first (in 20 min), you can initiate a loopback, run tests for 15min to the loopback, then the reload will put the router back in service so you can reach it again.

As a precaution....

1) save the running config before you start (if someone fixed something before, but didn't save it, reloading will blow away their change)

2) schedule reload

3) configure the loopback

4) test the T1

5) scheduled reload happens

6) telnet/ssh back in

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card