Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%TRACK-6-STATE: 1 ip sla 1 state Up -> Down

I append the new acl (number "9681") into existing ACL "ACL-AVCSS-in-3" (The ACL was applied in TenGigabitEthernet1/1/4 and TenGigabitEthernet1/1/4) on Apr 27 17:44:50. However, the track "%TRACK-6-STATE: 1 ip sla 1 state Up -> Down" and %TRACK-6-STATE: 2 ip sla 2 state Up -> Down was prompted unexpectedly. Please help to open a tech case to CISCO to check if it is a bug or abnormal in our devices.  

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Provide more information, what is the device model ? what IOS Code ?

until we see what is that ACL content and how the track configured. ?

show ip sla configuration x

show track

show ip sla statistics

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Please find the requested details.

.  WS-C4500X-32
2. cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.11.04.E.152-7.E4.bin
3. ACL and track SLA are attached.

This is my end client I will collect relevant information and get back to you.TIA

Hello

@AzharMuhammad05932 wrote:

I append the new acl (number "9681") into existing ACL "ACL-AVCSS-in-3" (The ACL was applied in 

Make sure you are not negating the HSRP multicast hellos = 224.0.0.2  or 224.0.0.102 

permit ip host 224.0.0.2 any
permit ip any host 224.0.0.2
permit ip host 224.0.0.102 any
permit ip any host 224.0.0.102
permit udp any eq 1985 any 
permit udp any any  eq 1985

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Not the ACL number but ACE number is 9681.

number "9681"

Max number is 2699 so I think that this ACL cause issue with not it permit deny but it number.
why you select this number ??

is there any document /link for this that Cisco recommended?

cisco doc. for what the number of ACE and/or ACL ?

cisco doc. for what the number of ACE and-or ACL ?

no need doc. 
show cpu 
give you detail if this issue from CPU high utilize

this huge ACE number need memory and CPU, and since IP SLA is process by SW so there is big chance that your memory and CPU is high utilize and hence some IP SLA is not process as fast it send/receive and router assume it failed.
try reduce these ACL line.

AliDoskii
Level 1
Level 1

if you still struggling with that issue try DEBUG CONDITION ON that interface or SLA even better if your debugging Track that object will show you exactly what is happenning if there is huge debbugging just copy it to somewhere like NOTEPAD then go through that. you will find out what is exactly causing that flapping your SLA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card