Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk over ipsec

hs08
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

It's posibble to make trunk over vpn site to site? I want to connecting 2 remote side via trunk but on 2nd location we only have internet connection and not have metro or wan link.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No need ipsec 

You can use l2tpv3 which have feature of auth for security.

The  you can connect two sites.

MHM

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

No need ipsec 

You can use l2tpv3 which have feature of auth for security.

The  you can connect two sites.

MHM

I am not clear about the OP. Do they want to have the SAME vlans active in both sites? Broadcast domains sharing between sites? Same subnets at both sites? So that a user at one site who wants to communicate with a user at the other site just does arp for the destination, receives a response, and is able to communicate successfully? If so then l2tpv3 is a good suggestion. If it is something different then we need clarification about the situation.

HTH

Rick

Hi @Richard Burts 

I'm will facing datacenter migration to new location with minimize the downtime. All existing server will be replicated to new dc and should have same IP Address (let say subnet 10.50.100.0/24). The challenge is we not have WAN or Metro connection since in the new DC there no ISP can support this, we only have internet connection only.

So after replication done, the server will be as production and the user should able subnet 10.50.100.0/24 in both location for temporary until old dc terminated. Have good scenario?

Can be implement on cisco isr 4321?

Yes friend it work 

run command and check 

goodluck 

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card