Views
Helpful
Replies

Two different gateway on 3845

dhanikonda
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

i have cisco 3845 on my network now its working fine.Now one of my client is asking to they want to connect their network through my router ethernet interface.

now my doubt is 3845 router will support two different gateways.

how can i route their network they have bring new router or any solution for this.

Please any body share your idea.

srini

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrehbosch
Level 1
Level 1

If there network doesn't have the same IP range as your you can do it with no problem, just make sure that there network doesn't leak into your and vice versa, you can do this by access list on the interface. You can use routing protocals to learn there netwrok addresses from tehir network. Do not redistribute between your routing procoll and  theirs unless you need to for management purposes. I would suggest to use routemaps then to only allow the managment range.

The correct way of doing this would be with VRF, if you are not familiar with I suggest you should read up on it and see if it will suite your solution.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

andrehbosch
Level 1
Level 1

If there network doesn't have the same IP range as your you can do it with no problem, just make sure that there network doesn't leak into your and vice versa, you can do this by access list on the interface. You can use routing protocals to learn there netwrok addresses from tehir network. Do not redistribute between your routing procoll and  theirs unless you need to for management purposes. I would suggest to use routemaps then to only allow the managment range.

The correct way of doing this would be with VRF, if you are not familiar with I suggest you should read up on it and see if it will suite your solution.

Regards

HI,

You can Crate Site to Site VPN. Its Better and Secure.

Regards,

*** Do Rate Helpful Posts***

Jawad
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card