Views
Helpful
Replies

Two static routes possible?

BW100
Level 1
Level 1

Hey again!

I work with a SG350-20 switch and would like to know if its possible to configure two static routes on the switch. I know it is possible the configure static routing with different priorities, but I need a solution where I don't have different priorities.

My problem is that I have a DSL router and a DMZ which I need connected to my switch. To the switch are also connected five Notebooks, which are for example in a 192.168.3.X network. These notebooks need access to the DSL Router (for connection to the internet, for example 192.168.1.X) and the DMZ (for example 192.168.2.X) through the switch. Is this possible to configure with static routing?
And would it be easier to configure if the DSL Router and DMZ would be in one network?

Thanks for your help!

3 Replies 3

Hello

If the device supports it sounds like Policy Based Routing would be applicable which will allow you to have a default route and also be able to policy route certain traffic based on the criteria you specify  via a different next-hop 

Can you elaborate a little bit more on this request - maybe post a topology on your network?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am starting my answer with a question "Why do you require Static route on DMZ?" Do you really require?  I hope to be more clear on this topic.

For your ADSL link (Internet link) you require a static default route which will be 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <Destination IP> and if your DMZ require a Static route then you can configure without any issue. 

I hope best think that you will share a network diagram.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Sorry I talked to my instructor and he told I missunderstand something. 
I need a static route to a webserver, instead of the DMZ.

I don't have enough time to create a network diagram, so I will try to explain it again.
I have a cisco sg350-20 switch. To there switch are a few pcs connected which are all in one network. Lets called it test-network with 192.168.3.X 
These pcs in this network need connection to the DSL router (Internet, network 192.168.1.X) and to a web server (network 192.168.2.X).
My instructor said I can do this with static routing and asked me to find out if its possible to configure two static routes.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card