Views
Helpful
Replies

two static routes same metric bu i want to choose one

n.bokhar1
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I have 2 internet connections on my router and every thing is working fine now I want to make a static route ( port forward ) but it has to come in on my second ISP now this is my issue the packets come in but in return they use my default route so now the static nat wont work so i tryed adding a route to my second isp with bigger metric witch dident work so the only thing I can do is to make them both default route now cef comes in to play and starts load sharing witch is not what I want so my question is how can I have two default routes but make one my primary default route ? or is there a nother bether solution that I am not seeing ?

1 Reply 1

Hello

If you static routing, there isn't much you can do to influence the return path, However port forwarding  should work using PBR and NAT even when you have just one default route.

example:
ip nat inside source static tcp/udp <inside host> <port> interface <ISP2 interface <port>

access-list 10 remark inside host
access-list 10 permit x.x.x.x

track 10 interface <isp2 interface> line-protocol
route-map STAN permit 10
match ip address 10
set ip next-hop verify-availability <isp2 -ip) track 10

int x/x
description Inside lan
ip nat inside
ip policy route-map STAN

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card