Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to reach remote network trough PPTP and LAN to LAN VPN

SatISV
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, 

I have a Site to Site VPN configured into a CISCO RV340W model. It works correctly and i am able to reach the remote network. 

That remote network is 192.168.30.X.  

The local network is 192.168.0.X. 

Then, I have configured a PPTP VPN. The IP I get when connecting through PPTP is 192.168.222.x. 

From the PPTP VPN I am able to reach the 192.168.0.X, but unable to reach the remote network: 192.168.30.X that shoud be accesible from the site to site VPN, after reaching the cisco router. 

Any ideas of what i am doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to add 192.168.222.x.   in Allow ACL site to site vpn. to reach remote site.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dear BB, 

Many thanks for your quick answer. 

Just to clarify, the subnet 192.168.222.X, has been created automatically when I enabled the PPTP server. 

I have disabled the firewall, so no ACL should be needed. is that right?

In case I am wrong, what is exactly what I have to do? you mean an Access Rule?

Many thanks for your help and patience

Hello,

I think you need to add the PPTP assigned subnet (192.168.222.x) as a Local Group on the router that serves as PPTP server, and as a remote group on the other side. Scroll down to the 'Local Group Setup' in the document attached.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5513-configure-a-site-to-site-virtual-private-network-vpn-connect.html

Hello, 

Many thanks Georg, 

That is already done. Actually it is configured as "any", so I should be able to connect from any subnet. 

Unfortunately, from the remote server  I can only ping the main subnet: 192.168.0.X

It seems that It cannot stablish a VPN to both subnets at the same time. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card