Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unexpectedly Session Terminated Putty

Hi All

I am not able to login one device initially . Device is reachable and even i am getting login window. But i am typing by username its take minimum 10 Seconds(dineshkumarmariappan) to feed my username  getting error as server unexpectedly terminated. But other user was  able to login their username was quite small.

So i decided myself due to time delay of feeding username it get disconnected. So i typed my username in Notepad and copied. Once it asked to login window immediately i pasted and click enter then i am able to login. 

Next open duplicate window and waited 5 Seconds ,again same error. So its cleared due to  time to feed username more than 4 Second  server terminating Connection.

But My question what type of configuration can be done at device end to achieve this. I cant paste my configuration here. I dont have access to do that. So please post ur comments what are possibilities  to achieve this. So i can check will those configuration was there are not?

3 Replies 3

Addition to above i can see one of the config done under management interface with broadcast storm control level 4 command. Even My session terminated in 5 Seconds. So i am suspecting this command might be the reason is my understanding was correct?

Hey Dinesh,

This command should not cause such behavior. I suggest collecting packet capture on your PC/laptop to check in any RST is received from switch.

Regards,

RS.

Hi Rajeev Sharma

the issue was identified. 

ssh time out was configured.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card