Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade of MC 3810

brian.oflynn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I work for a company(A) that took over the IT Services of another company(B). Company B is using MC3810's to link branch offices back to the head office. The 3810's have a connection to a PABX also. The current IOS Version is mc3810-binr3v2-mz.120-2a. Does anybody know what this code level would be converted to i.e. IP, IP Plus etc?

Thank you

Brian

3 Replies 3

atif.awan
Level 3
Level 3

From what I can tell this is a IP/IPX/AT/IBM/Voice feature set. I do not know if you are actully using all these features or not but most probably you would be using the IP and Voice parts unless you have some legacy protocols running also. This link shows the release note of the MC3810 image you have:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/relnote/3800mac/rn123810.htm#24442

If I was to equate the old MC3810 feature set to the new IOS packaging standard I think yours would fall under the Enterprise Services package. But then again you might not require the desktop protocol or IBM protocol functionality and might be able to live with a smaller package like IP Voice.

If you are looking for a new MC3810 image and not an equivalent image for another platform then from what I can find you will either need the Enterprise Plus VOIP/VOATM (a2jsv) or the IP Plus VOIP/VOATM (a2isv) depending on whether you need Desktop/IBM support or not.

Thanks for the reply Atif, I would like to go with the IP Plus VOIP/VOATM but the 2500's we have don't have enough memory so might have to leave it for now.

Cheers anyway,

Brian

Depends on what the requirement is. If you are only going to do basic routing then you are ok with IP Base only. I thought the MC3810s you were using were for voice also.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card