Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

used Cisco 1941 with data and security license software update

I bought cisco 1941 a while ago to try the traffic engineering with ipv6 support in ipv4 tunnel unfortunately it did not work for me on the current version 5.2, I would like to update the software now in order to try the feture in new softwar, but I do not have a direct contract with Cisco and I cannot download the file from the official Cisco website Is there a way to transfer the device ownership to Holder? I also have another question, will the old license be loaded automatically, or do I also have to purchase a new one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately this is one aspect of purchasing used equipment that software upgrades do require a maintenance contract.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco licenses are issued to the original purchaser/current owner. If the equipment is sold the license does not transfer to the new owner.

HTH

Rick

thank you for your response

but now the Question is that mean it can not be upgraded becaus this reisen ?

Unfortunately this is one aspect of purchasing used equipment that software upgrades do require a maintenance contract.

HTH

Rick

I am glad that my explanations have been helpful. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card